Saturday, June 14, 2014

OOTD: At the Art Gallery

6:38 PM

Share it Please

Blue furry sweater: Top Shop
Plaid skort: Top Shop
Bag: Longchamp
Art behind me: Disodium Aurothiomalate by Damien Hirst, 2008

I was always immersed in art as a kid because my parents are both artists. I recently went to Hong Kong for Art | Basel wherein different galleries from across the globe congregated to the convention center. It was the first time I’ve come face to face with artists I’ve only seen in my parent’s books. Being there with all the art and people gave me a sense of nostalgia - it’s like I was a kid again discovering art for the first time, being brought along to art openings as a kid but only now able to fully grasp and enjoy it now. I guess you can say it was my debut to the art world again.


Art was always abundant growing up and my parents always pushed me to do what interested me and create whatever my imagination could come up with. As I grew older, my “artsy” side transcended into the way I pick out clothes. I can’t exactly pinpoint what category I fall under in terms of my style, but the way I dress is the same as how I felt about making art as a child – doing whatever interests me and following wherever the imagination goes.

Write-up and photo from Una
Art by Bea V.
---



Una Ilarde was born in 1995, and is currently residing in the midnight hours of books, music, and movies. She has messy, multicolored hair, and is a cat lady by heart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment