Saturday, July 19, 2014

OOTD: (mis) Matched

5:47 PM

Share it Please


Graphic t-shirt: Uniqlo
Floral skirt: Cotton On
Platform shoes: Happy Feet
Shades: Sunnies by Charlie

Let’s face it – there are days when, no matter how awesome you want to feel, you resort to dressing down. Unfortunately for me, that’s what most days are. I like to think that the way I dress reflects the creativity that goes on in my mind, but rarely is this true. Upon introspection, I realized that it’s probably because I’m afraid to experiment with how I present myself to the world (being judged on how I dress is a scary thought for me). I feel like if I draw less attention towards myself, I become more comfortable in my own skin. So I guess this outfit is a debut of sorts, because of how I saw it the first time I put it together in my mind and then how I felt about it when I finally saw myself in it.

The bedazzled print on the shirt, the daisies on the skirt – I didn’t think it was an ideal match. The shoes and shades also seemed a bit too much for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love wearing heels and shades. I just never find the proper occasion to wear them, because where is it appropriate to casually wear heels? and I’ve been dependent on eyeglasses for almost 10 years now, so wearing shades leaves me with a blurrily tinted view.

Naturally, I took some time to get used to seeing myself in something different. I had to stare in the mirror a few minutes to convince myself that it looked acceptable. And after a while, I kinda really liked it. And I think that was the moment of the debut, the “coming out” of my newfound appreciation for an outfit that slightly deviates from the simplicity that I usually settle for.

Write-up and photo from Issa
Art by Marga
----
Issa is anything but quiet, though in her search for the perfect words it might seem like she is. She has an inexplicable love for cheese, pizza, perfectly brewed iced tea, and anything that takes 5 seconds to do or is related to summer. It has been her lifelong dream to receive an award for being awesome at something -- what it'll be though, she isn't sure of just yet. For a blow-by-blow account of her randomest musings, you can follow her on Twitter at @hemmo_globin. Or not.

Along with her friends, Marga is always looking for that movie-worthy coming-of-age experience. Marga is a 16-year old high school student who often spends her time watching teen movies of the late-'90s, cliche family movies, hugging her parents, painting, trading music, and hanging out at Burger Bar. She dislikes people who dislike dogs (and all creations of God), and also art house films. Lastly, she is known to be really good at memorizing twitter names.

0 comments:

Post a Comment