Friday, July 31, 2015

Happy Pills

2:41 AM

Share it Please
Books are my happy pills.

Whenever I need an escape, or when life becomes a bit too much to handle, I just go to my room, shut the door, and walk to the place where Nirvana awaits—my bookshelf.

It’s ironic how I prefer the company of inanimate objects to human interaction. Then again, I’m in love with irony. So here I am combining the two loves of my life: irony and books.



The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

----

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

----

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

----

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

----


Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

----


Saga by Brian K. Vaughan 

----

Rapture Practice by Aaron Hartzler





Photos and intro by Jovy
Lettering by Jessica
-----
Jovy is a girl who wants nothing more than to earn a living from photography and filmmaking. Also, she is weird when it comes to her books, as she is very discriminatory towards paperbacks and made an Instagram account with the sole purpose of posting pictures of her growing pile of books. If you ever try to damage her precious hardcovers--in any way--she WILL cut you.

Jessica likes doing calligraphy and lettering pieces, painting in watercolor, reading novels and fanfiction, and meowing and barking at street cats and dogs in an attempt to say hi in their language. She's currently waiting for fanfic updates and the new The 1975 album and Asian tour announcement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment