Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Childhood Fave: Isa de Vera

6:15 PM

Share it Please
Isa brings magic and sparkles to this week's segment with Sakura Kinomoto.

----

Welcome back to The Childhood Fave, where we ask artists to lovingly piece together their faves by memory – a tribute to the good old days spent lost in a book or cheering at a screen, staying up way past our bedtimes.

This week's featured artist is Isa de Vera! 


Here's what Isa has to say about her drawing:
"I drew Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura! CCS was a huge part of my childhood, so there was really no way I couldn't draw her. Actually, I recently rewatched the whole series (and all the movies, lol) just a few months ago, so the feelings are still strong. I really love all of the outfits Tomoyo makes for Sakura, but this time I just drew her in her normal uniform (also because I really like her roller skates and I wanted to draw them too)."

----
Do you have fan art that you'd like to share with the world? Send it over along with a 3-5 sentence description explaining why you chose to depict the character in that way to thethingonline@gmail.com – we'll be choosing our favorites and posting them! We accept collages, illustrations, and other forms of art as long as it depicts a childhood character. All submissions are due on January 20.


Art by Isa
----
Isa is 18-years-old, currently studying graphic design and illustration. She is known for her erratic sleeping schedule and over usage of exclamation points and smiley faces so she doesn't sound mean on the Internet.

1 comments: